Re: Norway calling: Info wanted about creativity!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Larry Cox (L_J_Cox)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:25:57 -0700

Music;

Many right brained children have a great affinity for music and rhythm.
They are able to listen to music and have it affect them emotionally, have
it change their mood or behavior. They can move into the rhythm of the
music and allow it to work for them.

Many parents and teachers find that when the right-brained child does his
homework while music is playing he completes it sooner and often makes fewer
errors. It also is true that when soft music , especially music at 4-4
time, is played while children are learning new material, not only is
information they already have received stabilized but they also are able to
think better and their focus of attention appears to be longer than most
children's.

The book, "Superlearning," by Ostrander and Schroeder, goes into greater
detail on the research that has been done in this area and the methods used
in this type of teaching. The approach is effective not only for the
younger child but also for persons of any age.

(This is a series of photocopies I have had in my files for maybe 15 years.
So they may be newer info out there. Somewhere I have a great book on Play
and Creativity, but we moved last year and if I still have it, it is buried
in the storeroom, only to surface when the bookshelves get built. Let me
know if you want more of these dated articles...Linda in NM)