Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I just got through doing the scenery for our elementary school's
production of "The Nutcracker" and the sets turned out pretty good!!
Here's what I did: I used acrylic paint(cheap gallons of house paint
that I purchased mixed in the primary colors and black and white) I
sketched out the backdrop using the ideas that the kids had brainstormed
and sketched out on paper previously(they really liked that aspect-it
was their set), and they also had a good idea of what the sets had to
look like because they were involved in the play. After I sketched out
the basic framework on the muslin, we talked about colors and the color
wheel, and from there, it was pretty much fill in the blanks. On some
areas, I used tempera paint and it looks OK now, but I don't think that
it will be looking so good later down the road. If you need more info,
just "e" me!!!!