RE: Greek art lesson

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:41:36 -0600

My suggestion would be to try the Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel. It is an air
dry paint for ceramics, glass, tile, primed metal ,etc. It has no heat
setting required and is non-toxic. You just paint it on and let it air dry.
It is oven/micro wave and dishwasher safe. It has gotten positive comments
from many of our customers. It is listed on page 401 of the 1999 Sax Arts &
Crafts catalog, product# 620 5801 for a set of 14. If you don't have a 1999
catalog, let me know and I;ll have one sent. Hope this helps. Judy Nagel

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Savannah97 [Savannah97]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 1:49 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Greek art lesson

I am doing a lesson on Greek pottery with my 6th grade boys to tie in with
their social studies class. I thought I would let them paint on some of my
old dishes in the style of the greeks. I am going to suggest that they base
coat the dishes black and then paint on the athletes, chariots, etc. I am
not
sure what kind of paint would work best for this. Any suggestions? The
dishes are a glazed ceramic . These would not be functional but display
only.