Re: artist's books

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:06:12 -0800

Mark R Daniels wrote:

> I am still in college and wondering if anyone knows of any written books by
> artists.
> like Picasso - Guernica or the book "My Name is Asher Levy" Not picture
> books, but books for reading. I would appreciate it much!!!!

Hi, Mark,

Here are some from my collection:

Georgia O'Keefe (discussing her art; you might consider it a picture book)
Elliott Erwitt, Personal Exposures (ditto)
David Hockney, Paper Pools (ditto)
Ansel Adams' autobiography
Gauguin's classic Noa Noa, about Tahiti
Albers, Interaction of Color
Victor Papanek, Design for the Real World (a wonderful treatise by an industrial
designer)
Judy Chicago, Through the Flower, an autobiography

Hope these help.

Maggie