Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1153

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Larry Cox (L_J_Cox)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:08:43 -0700

My brother and my husband are both colorblind. My husband sees greens ( as
well as other colors) differently than I do. My brother doesn't notice if
he is color coordinated - he will were the one brown sock and the one black
sock...it is a good thing he is married! It would be nice to have a test to
give them. I never thought about that before. I wonder if my two sons are
color blind? Linda in NM

>In a message dated 1/8/99 4:47:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-artsednet-
>digest.edu writes:
>
><< a student who is color blind. The student only
> sees bright colors like oranges and yellows but he cannot distinguish
lights
> and darks. Does anyone have any advice on how we can help the student to
> begin >>
>I have also come across two first grade boys who are color blind...and
would
>appreciate any info or insights regarding this. My father is colorblind,
and
>when I called him to ask him about it, one comment the made was "When
someone
>says, 'Look up at that rainbow!' and I look where they are pointing, I only
>sees a white band in a gray-looking sky." My 6 year old heard me repeat
this
>and sadly replied, "You mean grampa has never seen a rainbow like we do?"
Any