Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
Subj: i dont usually do this
Date: 12/15/98 9:43:34 AM Eastern Standard Time
This is an experiment and I hope it will seem interesting enough to you
to make you want to participate. E-mail messages fly to and fro, all
over the world. Lots of jokes, cute sayings, etc., seem to take on a
their own as they get forwarded to more and more email addresses.
I've often thought that it is too bad we can't see where these
well-traveled messages have been. I'll bet we'd be amazed at the list of
addresses some have visited. There is a way to find out. Just add your
first name, location, date, and maybe a very short comment to the bottom
of this message and send it out to your list of email friends.
Eventually it may return to you. If it does you'll be able to see all
the places it has been since it first left your computer.
(Please don't simply "forward" this mail because the ">" marks tend to
accumulate!! Copy and paste the entire document into a new mail
Where this message has traveled........
1. Allen, Buckinghamshire, England, 29 Jun 1998 (originator of this
2. LuJane, Palouse Washington (and Potlatch Idaho)
3. Lynne, Newark,California 30 June 1998
4. Judi, Lillington, NC - 7-1-98
5. Tammy Halcomb, Washington, The state (6-30-98)
6. Marie, Manteca, California
7. Carla,Kent , Washington,(state)6-30-98
8. Dedri White, Washington, 6-30-98
9. joni,Dayton, Ohio 6/2/98
10. Johnny Boy, Cleveland, Ohio 1998.07.02
11. Ciara, Suffern, New York 7-4-98 ( LOL...... What's another e-mail
experiment among friends?)
12. Carol, Reno, Nevada 7-4-98 I think that this is cute, hope that it
makes it around the world smile=3Do)
13. Anne Oregon 7/4/98 Happy 4th of July
14. Docia, Tampa, FL 7-4-98
15. Theresa, Millbrae, CA 7-4-98
16. Verna, San Diego,CA. 7/4/98
17. Lois, Littlefield, Tx. 7/4/98
18. Pattie, Albany, NY 7/4/98
19. Sharon,Kent,WA 7/4/98
20. Swabbie,Phoenix,Az 7/05/98 (Good idea. This one has travelled
21. Stagestr, Virginia 7/05/98
22. SLW427, Long Island, New York (7-05-98)
23. HChrisWW2, Trumbull, CT 7/06/98
24. BJ, Tucson, Az 7/07/98 25. Yjudie, NJ (07/07/98)
(bet it returns to me within one day!)
25. somebody goofed here!
26. Jim/Barnabaser Delaware [7-7-98 ] always curious about this
27. Carolee Winter Garden Fl July7.1998 Hurry back
28. Kate, Central NJ July 7, 1998
29. Debbie South Florida
30. PLUTOLOVER, near Philly, PA, July 8, 1998
31. NOVLCook, b/wn Phila, PA and Baltimore, MD July 8,1998 03:13 am
32. Loralee, Western NY, July 8, 1998
33. Jeff, Pahrump, Nevada 7-8-98
34. Glynnis the Menace, Stockbridge Georgia. 7/8/98
(I did this once before and it hasn't made it back yet. However, I
35. Michael E, Mpls, MN
36. Timothy, Pittsburgh,Pa
37. Cole, St. Louis, MO 7/09/1998
38. Lisa, St.Louis, Mo 07/09/98
39. Bob, Omaha, NE 7/9/98
40. Jerry, Columbus, NE 7/10/98
41. Reva, Bismarck, ND 7/10/98
42. Gwen, Colorado Springs, CO 7/11/98 43. Sue, Falling Waters, WV
7/12/98 44. Rev Roger, Andover Ks.
43. Leslie Hoops-Wallace, San Antonio, TX 7-12-98 Howdy=3D)
44. Mick - Great Falls, MT 7-12-98 Hope it gets off the
North American continent!!! *grin*
45. Robyn - New Jersey! *Smiles* 7/13/98 48.
Denise- Ferndale, NY Upstate in the Catskill Mountains 7/13/98
website http://www.scalia.com <http://www.scalia.com>
46. Jim -Kawasaki, Japan (20 minutes from downtown Tokyo),
July 13,1998 How many continents can we cover?
47. Alun - Yokohama Japan July13, 1998
48. Ian - Otago, New Zealand July 14 1988
I don't usually like junkmail, but this one could be fun :)
49. Griff - Dunedin, New Zealand July 14 1998
50. De-Arn - Dunedin, New Zealand July 15, 1998
51. Dawn - Dunedin, New Zealand July15, 1998
52. Colin - Wellington, New Zealand July 15, 1998.
53. Gareth - Hyderabad, India July 15, 1998.
54. Jeet - Hyderabad, India July 15, 1998.
55. Sharee - Wellington, New Zealand July 16, 1998.
( I don't normally participate in this sort of thing. But what the
56. Melissa - Wellington, New Zealand July16, 1998.
57. Malcolm McKee - Palmerston North New Zealand, July 16.1998.
58. Sarah - Palmerston North July 16, 1998 :)
59. Jarrad, Kansas 15th July 1998 (back to bloody USA again, and the
60. Nathan - Wellington, NZ, 17 July 1998 *
61. Rhys _ Nelson, New Zealand, 17 July 1998
(great idea, lets get this thing over seas again)
62. Catriona - Nelson, New Zealand, 17 July 1998
63. Harriet - Wellington, New Zealand, 17 July 1998 -
this must be like a whole tree of contacts!
64. Kate - Masterton(where????), New Zealand 17 July 1998
65. John- Masterton, New Zealand 17 July 1998
66. Alonya - Wellington, New Zealand17-Jul-98 I hope it comes back soon.
The guy above me on the list is a friend, he'll get it before I can
67. John Barrow - Wellington, New Zealand 17 July 1998, 6000yrs of
evolution to come to this...
68. Norbert W. - Wellington New Zealand 17/07/98, forwarding this to
69. Michelle - Wellington, New Zealand. 21 July 1998
70. Gabrielle - Dunedin, New Zealand 21-jul-1998
71. Miranda - Christchurch, New Zealand, 22-jul-98
72. Anna - Lincoln Uni, NZ, 24-jul-98
73. Mandy - Canterbury Uni, New Zealand, 23-Jul-98
74. Nicola - Canterbury Uni, New Zealand, 27-Jul-98
75. Claire - Canterbury Uni, Christchurch, NZ, 27-Jul-98
76. Steve - Uni of Canterbury, Christchurch, NZ, 27-Jul-98
77. Reneta - Canty U, CHCH NZ, 27JUL98
78. Tony O - Canterbury Uni NZ, 27 July 98
79. Rusty B. - Te Aroha, Waikato, NZ 28 July 1998 (How many degrees of
separation was that??!!)
80. Nick B - Durango, Colorado, 29July 1998. Maybe this one'll get to
81. Petrina D. - Otago Uni, Dunedin, New Zealand. (Doing my bit by
sending this to people in N.Z., USA, Singapore, England and
82. Richard T. - Frankfurt, Germany, 30-Jul-98
83. Martene - Dunedin, New Zealand, 31 July 1998
84. Sandy - Dunedin, New Zealand, 31 July 1998
85. Sylvia - Dunedin, New Zealand, 3 August 1998
86. Mary - Dunedin, New Zeaalnd, 3 August 1998
87. Frances M, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia, 10August 1998
88. Leanne - Massey Uni, Palmerston Nth, New Zealand,10 August '98
89. Anita - Palmerston North, New Zealand, 14 August '98
90. Zannah - Dunedin, New Zealand, 17 August '98.
91. Kim - Christchurch, NewZealand, 18 August '98
92. Al Cottle - Dunedin, New Zealand, 18 August 1998. In Otago
again...not for long...
93. Selwyn Yan - Dunedin, New Zealand, 18 August 1998. I hope this gets
to alot of people.
94. Simon Bismark, Dunedin, New Zealand, 19 August 1998. Al Cottle
95. Robin Luijk, Leigh Mardon New Zealand 19 August 1998. When will I
you again? Bye.
96. Jeff Burns, Leigh Mardon Wellington New Zealand 19 August 1998. This
sounds like fun! Hope I see it again.
97. Dave Dawber, Palmerston North, NZ. 20 August 1998
98. Hamish, Wellington, New Zealand 20 August 1998
99. David Carley, Wellington, New Zealand, 20 August 1998 (Do I get air
points for this message :)
100. Heather Buchanan, Wellington, New Zealand, 20 August 1998
101. Alys Titchener, Wellington, New Zealand, 20 Aug 98
102. Wendy J, Wellington, New Zealand, 21 August 1998
103. Gretta B, Wellington, New Zealand,21 August 1998
104. Charlotte Hurley, Wellington, New Zealand; 25 August, 1998
(No sniff of a thousand smackers reward like the Microsoft chain
105. Jeane Burns, Eketahuna New Zealand 25 August, 1998
106. Trina Martin, Palmerston North New Zealand 26 August 1998
107. Jo Monty, Wellington New Zealand 26/8/98
108. Shar Floss, Wellington New ZEALand 26/8/98
109. Haylee Quinn, Wellington, New Zealand 30/08/98
110. Karla Rakich, Wellington, New Zealand 31/08/98
111. Paul, Wellington, New New Zealand 31/08/98
112. Dale Moore, aka KiwiSheep, Nicole Byrnes, and Brianna Moore,
Canberra, Australia, 31/08/1998
(P.S. The Irish Ref robbed the All Blacks)
113. Denise Moore, Brisbane, Australia, 14/09/98 (Still an All Black
supporter, altho it is hard living in Aussie and having to cop
flack when Aussie beat them)
114. Carla Te Hau, Titahi Bay, Wellington, 17/09/98, (New Zealand Rugby
115. Lynell Tuffery, Titahi Bay, Wellington, New Zealand, 17/09/98 -Spot
116. Charles Ngaki, Porirua, New Zealand, Tapuika me Waitaha descent
17/9/98 - Kia Ora.
117. John Waugh, Warkworth, New Zealand: 170998: www.waugh.co.nz ; A
medal at Kuala Lumpur for the NZ Rugby 7s!!
118. Lyn Chesters, Torbay , New Zealand. Well done to all our
who have done so well at Kuala Lumur.
119. Ivor Woodfield, Waitakere, New Zealand, 18/09/98
120. Bill Lane, Birmingham, England, 18/09/98
121. Markie Price Hereford 18/09/98 Bloody hell SO many People Out there
Phew :) Sure the Phone Bill wont be Hight :))))
122. Don Ackerman (The.Ackermans) Greetings to everyone!
123. Sean, Barrie, Ontario, Canada, 20/09/98 G'Day, eh?
124. Jennifer White, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada 21/09/98 Greetings from
125. Keith White. Bontang, East Kalimantan, Indonesia 30/09/98. Banyak
urang gila ini. Don't ask.
126. Stephan Schweighofer, Toronto, Ontario, Canada 01/10/98. Come on
over for a BBQ sometime?
127. Nicole Parker, Yellowknife, North West Territories, CANADA - Oct
128. Paul Blouin, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Oct 4 98.
129. Angela McGaffin, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Nov. 13, 1998 (Friday
the 13th - oh no!)
130. James Christoforou, Winnipeg,formerly Vancouver, formerly
Fredericton, formerly Toronto, formerly Montreal, all in Canada!
131. [Davis, Louisa] Louisa Davis, Montreal, Canada, November 13, 1998
Life is what you make it.
132. Christian Khouzam, Montreal, Canada; November 20, 1998-- Each
is the author of their own destiny as well as their own misery.
133. Glenn Connelly, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada November 20, 19998
of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read.
134. Ian Hooper, Moray, Scotland; November 21 1998-- The west yet
glimmers with some streaks of day: Now spurs the lated
traveller apace to gain the timely inn....
135. Boyd Fallwell - Veterans of America Honor Guard - November 28, 1998
136. Brunetta Lafara Lingg - St. Helens, Oregon - I hate chain letters,
but this is something unique and special. Blessings to all
who came before and who follow after me!!! <g> - 28 November 1998
137. Jane in Los Angeles, California. Hope everyone had a nice
138. Jill in Bellefontaine, Ohio. November 29, 1998 Live life to the
139. Carol in Big Rapids, Michigan; Nov. 29, 1998=20
140. Tom & Debby, Pewaukee, WI December 13, 1998 May the Spirit of
in this Season of Love bring Great Joy to all who have
participated in this and who will participate in this! God Bless!!!
140. Dan and Barb; Washington Heights, Milwaukee, 12-14-98
141. Linn; Milwaukee; 12-14-98 - it's the closest I'll come to world
142. Barbara vacationing in Stuttgart, W.Germany, Dec.15, 98 (living in
Wilmington, DE) Happy holidays!
143. Mandevil - Ann Arbor, MI Greetings!
144. Jan Clark - Detroit, Michigan Happy New Year Jan.9, 1999
145. Linda in Monroe, Michigan 1/9/99