Re: calendar art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Teri Sanford (terily)
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:17:18 -0600

I also put out lots of examples. You have to be careful, though, because some
kids will copy directly from one of the examples. I also tell them they can
take ideas from the samples but it must be their own way of putting it together,
it shouldn't look exactly like one of the examples. I still have the occasional
"copier" but since I always read Tomie de Paola's The Art Lesson at the
beginning of each year, copying is pretty low. (If you haven't read it, there
is one part where he says "REAL artists don't COPY")

teri