Re: how to glue play clay like bricks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:36:57 -0500

Yes I would like it too!!! I can always use new recipes. I want to
do a lesson where they make up their "ideal" bedroom. This would be
great for the outside. I am working with 4 and 5 year olds but with
older ones use geocubes-and place on bottom of box, they then figure
out how many feet they need. They make their own floor plan and map
out where the furniture goes. Give them a box to actually make the
project. Then they have to do the same( figure out dimensions for
walls and you cut the piece they tell you and see if it fits. YOu
can use all sorts of things to decorate-Carpet scraps, wood
blocks,plastic film canisters, toys etc. Hey and while doing show
the Liza Lou books of her environments. Then they could decide to
cover in beads!!!!!!

freckles spots wrote:

> Could you share your recipe for the bricks?
>
> Judy in OK
>
> >From: Sheldonlk
> >Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:57:31 EST
> >To: artsednet.edu
> >Subject: how to glue play clay like bricks
> >
> > Our Pre K class has been abserving construction of four duplexes
> across
> >from the school. The teacher is going to make a dough recipe using
> >cornstarch, it's one that I gave her because it dries very hard, to
> have
> >students make bricks.
Sandra Barrick
astroboy