Re: Derryl - A Site to check out Celtic Stuff- Bayeaux Tapestry etc

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Juncture
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 03:04:41 EST

<A HREF="http://www.cablenet.net/pages/book/index.htm">SECRETS OF THE NORMAN
INVASION</A>
Derryl - This site has The Bayeaux Tapestry unfortunately not in color &
other such stuff- I'll keep looking -*I once (before a hardrive crash) had a
site w/ the complete tapestry in color. But Beware * there are images here &
there in the Tapestry of men exposing themselves along the borders. ( The
site that is in color {I'll try to forward to you later} mentions this) Look
it over carefully
if you use it as a springboard- Also you may want to think of Braveheart . I
also once had an interesting site on Celtic Knots- just do a search- Hope
this helps. Bill
PS- you could do a storyboard of St Patrick leading the snakes out of Ireland
& read them a story about it.
In a message dated 1/6/99 11:18:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-artsednet-
digest.edu writes:

<<
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 15:14:27 -0500
From: Derryl Craddock <craddock>
Subject: Irish or Celtic Art

Hello all, I am a k-5 art educator, and our school is doing a thematic unit
on Ireland. I know almost nothing about Ireland and I am in the process of
researching arts and crafts of Ireland in hopes to teach a meaningful one
week unit and project. Does anyone have any ideas or project they would
like to share? I am currently considering Celtic designs because they have
always intrigued me and I could incorporate overlapping and
balance/symmetry. But I still don't know quite how to go about it. All
ideas are welcome. Castles may also be food for thought. Thank you. from
Frozen in Indiana, Derryl.