Fwd: Open Call-Renaissance 2k

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
AbeleSmith
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:09:01 EST

--part0_915394142_boundary

From: AbeleSmith
To: cassie.smith, billabele, cama73,
CARSON1997, Montjudy, dfehr,
cribbetrowlett, jdp30, proger,
gjones, tie-defenders, SNGN,
tymas-jo.edu, EdSanders, doriser,
blount5, barnold, jguerra,
jones32, macnite, gpatters.edu,
artlaw, TCPURCELL, vg252,
garciaj, tarrant, lajaz,
jlrain, s_warwick, meyer, WalkUp,
walkup, wameyen, Jamtraffic,
pbabele, sunbear, AARD1VARK,
RPennin480
Subject: Fwd: Open Call-Renaissance 2k
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:00:50 EST

--part1_915394142_boundary

Dear Friends,

The following is from David Alvey and our Garland Artist Group. I hope you
will pass it on to your friends, your students, anyone you know who might
participate and encourage them to do so! It sounds really exciting to me, and
I can't wait to see what all comes in and where it will be displayed after
that!! Photos, poetry -- all also okay.

Terry
Ms. Terry Abele Smith
Garland ISD
abelesmith
972-271-2273

Art matters. From the Seniors' Watercolor Circle to contemporary artists
exploring the edge... teen angst to schoolchildren's visions of tomorrow...
Art defines our deepest fears and most wistful dreams.

Aardvark Studios and the Garland Artist Group (GAG) invites Artists world-wide
to participate in the Renaissance 2000 Project. Artists may contribute one
original work of art (max size 12" h x 12" w x 12"d) in any medium. Throughout
1999 the Art will be fused with on-site work to create a mixed media
assemblage celebrating Art's past, present and future.

There are NO fees to participate... no restrictions on content... no age
limits. Art in ALL media will be incorporated into the Renaissance 2000
Project.

This is a non-profit, grassroots effort. No Art will be sold. No corporate
sponsorships are available. No Art can be returned. All participating artists
will receive documentation of the Renaissance 2000 Project.

To participate, send your artwork (with name, address, title, etc.) and a
brief Artist's statement (25 words or less) to:
R2k Project
Aardvark Studios
P.O. Box 52913
Dallas, TX 75354-2913

between now and 12/31/99. Or, to work on-site at our studio, call
972-699-8953, or email AARD1VARK.

Galleries, Museums or Public Spaces interested in hosting an exhibition of
the Renaissance 2000 Project should contact Aardvark Studios.

Please share this info with Artists/Art groups world-wide. Together we can
set the tone for the new millennium.

--part1_915394142_boundary

Art matters. From the Seniors' Watercolor Circle to contemporary artists
exploring the edge... teen angst to schoolchildren's visions of tomorrow...
Art defines our deepest fears and most wistful dreams.

Aardvark Studios and the Garland Artist Group (GAG) invites Artists world-wide
to participate in the Renaissance 2000 Project. Artists may contribute one
original work of art (max size 12" h x 12" w) in any medium. Throughout 1999
[...]

the tone for the new millenium.

--part1_915394142_boundary--

--part0_915394142_boundary--