Re: Functions?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Walter Krueger (wkrueger)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:17:06 -0800

At 8:41 PM 1/29/98, Susan R Bechelli wrote:
>Anyone know of any resources pertaining to the "Functions of art"?
>i.e. Art as Documentation, Dreams and Fantasies, Religious
>values

We use Goethe's breakdown of the purpose (is that close to "function").
Exaltation
Edification (both social and personal)
Entertainment (Enjoyment)

It's probably just another person's attempt to say the same thing!

Best wishes...

Walter Krueger, Concordia University, Portland
Mission Central Europe: Choir Tour 1998
web: http://www.teleport.com/~wkrueger

There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest.
He sent in ten different puns, in hopes that one would win.
--> Unfortunately, "no pun in ten did." <--