Re:Critiques

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sandra Hildreth (shildret)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:03:01 -0500

I saved the Critique post you were looking for:
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 16:37:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Debi13
Subject: Art Crit. "a penny for your thoughts"

Hi all,
We had the most fun today in Portfolio class with a critique we call
"put your two cents in". The tables were pushed together to form a
large table area. All of the
students gathered around the table they could sit or stand. Each person
chose one work from their current portfolio. I gave each student 2
pennies (their "two cents"). I spent mine first by saying something
positive and some suggestion for further development of the work. As
each student found a work they wanted to comment on they placed a penny
on the work. Sometimes one students comment would bring a flood of
pennies as others disagreed and wanted to add a thought. As they ran
out of
pennies, they pulled from their own pockets to keep the discussion
going. In the end all the works had pennies on them and the artist got
to keep the pennies on their works as payment for contributing a work
which promoted discussion. It was fun!
Have a great weekend.
Debi Barrett-Hayes

--
Sandra Hildreth
C.L.A.S.S. (Cultural Literacy through Art & Social Studies)

  • Reply: billingtond: "Re: Functions?"