Re: painting bisqueware...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Chaney (lchaney)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 19:42:21 -0600

Melissa, (sounds funny to type this)

At my school my kiln blows the braker as soon as it gets on high. My
superintendent knows this and it has not been fixed for 6 years. I have never
glazed. In fact my bisque fire is not to full temperature. My students paint
bisqueware with acrylic paints. We then spray paint with a high gloss clear.
They don't seem to complain about it, but do know why they can not glaze. We
have also painted with acrylics and then after dry wipe shoe polish in brown
(usually) over the project and buff. It gives the ware an antique look.

Melissa Chaney
Midway R-1
K-12
Missouri