Re: PRESCHOOL

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ttipton.tz
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 04:03:04 +0300

The book, 'Doing Art Together" from the Metropolitan Museum of Art
(not sure the author's name) is excellent for pre-school. I start out
looking at pictures together and naming colors, shapes, etc. before
an activity for this age and they love to see things they've never
seen before.

Teresa Tipton
From: Robben1713 <Robben1713>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:43:58 EST
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: PRESCHOOL

I am a fairly new preschool art teacher. I go into a few different
preschoool and have an hour long lesson once a week. The ages range from 3-5
years old. I have done many of the standards for preschool art
projects...printmaking on styrofoam,rubbings, clay, making everything you
could imagine out of cardboard paper towel rolls....
I am constantly looking for new project ideas...The kids seem to do
better with prrojects that have small steps..so I can go around and make sure
everyone has successfully accomplished the first step before we move on...That
also eliminates the "I'm Done!!!" syndrome, that is catchy. Once one child
declare they are done, everyone in the class says it...and it is quite
difficult to show them that they can still work on their project. Most of
them feel that if they fulfil the minimum requirement of the project they are
done...ie..printmaking with styrofoam...they feel if they printed the image
once then they don't have to try it again...maybe with other colors or try to
create a pattern. It is also difficult to find projects that will hold their
attention for a whole class period ( 1 hour ).
I was hoping some of you might have any interesting project ideas that
might help, or if you knew of a book that had some neat ideas....I feel like I
have tried every resource I know at this point and would love some feedback.
Thank You
Jessica Russo
Scotch Plains