Re: Time spent on elemenatry art projects

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 18:29:06 -0500 (EST)

Just some questions...What kind of results does your colleague get? I
remember teaching elementary art and I think kindergarten could paint me
out the door in 20 minutes, first and second about the same. Third grade,
it seems could do longer projects which we broke down into parts. Same
with fourth, fifth. Sixth graders were a delight with the enthusiasm and
the skills! Now I teach high school and I wonder if i should speed them
up. It usually takes about two to three weeks or more for a project. Let's
have some discussion on this.

Two MONTHS on a crayon drawing in elementary school?