Re: walkmans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mike Delaney (edelaney)
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:25:30 -0500

Our high school doesn't allow walkmans. This is because we don't know what
the kids are listening to. some of the music revs them up and makes them
figety or wanting to fight.

I have been using classical music and relaxation new age music for the last
three years. we mainly listen to the music in our 50 min class time. we
are on block time. On Monday I see all of my classes. I tell them since
we live
in such a fast pace society we have little quiet time. I read that there
is less and less creativity because of the fast pace. I myself find that I
get more done when I liten to classicasl.. They say to play baroque music
when you are wanting production, creativity, focused work. I fhte students
are working on math I read that Motzart is good for that. My students will
ask for the bird music which happens to be the nature/classical stuff.
They are more focused when this type of music is on.
enola from Indiana

----------
> From: E Townsend <townhaus>
> To: artsednet.edu
> Subject: Re: walkmans
> Date: Thursday, January 15, 1998 8:14 PM
>

> ----------
> > From: David Zimmerman <fastedy>
> > To: artsednet.edu
> > Subject: Re: walkmans
> > Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 8:54 PM
> >

> > I found kids will talk more to each other about what they're doing when
> > music isn't too loud or distracting.
>
> Lately, I've been experimenting with different classical music in class
> calm active students in my middle school. Strauss waltzes have worked to
> keep students from being too social and to concentrate on their work.
Even