Re: walkmans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
E Townsend (townhaus)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 20:14:41 -0500

----------
> From: David Zimmerman <fastedy>
> To: artsednet.edu
> Subject: Re: walkmans
> Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 8:54 PM
>

> I found kids will talk more to each other about what they're doing when
> music isn't too loud or distracting.

Lately, I've been experimenting with different classical music in class to
calm active students in my middle school. Strauss waltzes have worked to
keep students from being too social and to concentrate on their work. Even
though they say they don't like it, they hum along to these familiar
melodies. Maybe it will work for you.

Eileen