Re: glass fusing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
betti longinotti (p-lstudio)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:06:34 -0500

--WebTV-Mail-1421761154-1157

Christy,
Oh glass....such a great topic. I've done a bit of fusing and some with
students, 5th grade through adults. There are several glass
manufacturers that make fusible glasses: one is Bulleye; another is
Dichloric; another is GNA glass; and you can fuse the same pieces of one
sheet of glass to othe pieces from the samesheet of any 'one' type of
glass and embellish in different ways such as painting with vitreous
paints or sand etching or sandcarving. You can also purchase murrini
cane pieces - a Moretti glass from Venice, Italy that can be fused
together. A distributor and a NAEA vendor, Ed Hoy's sells to schools.
There are a couple of other suppliers that I deal with as well which are
linked at my homepage (see address below). You can also follow another
link at my homepage to Artglassworld that has a bulletin board and post
your same question there. There you will gets lots of good advice from
other glass artisans. Good Luck...would love to know what you are
planning and doing.

In Art & Life,
Betti L.
p-lstudio