Re: Quick Black Histroy Plans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wendy sauls (wsauls)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 21:00:00

At 12:15 PM 1/14/98 -0600, Jean Caffiene wrote:
>Hey guys, I'm looking for Quick Black Histroy Plan that teach some
>kind of element or hit a National Standard that look fab and can be
>done quickly. Am I dreaming?
>Thanks up front?
>Jean

at the risk of sounding...eek... i would suggest NO "quick" black history
plan because, although i'm sure it isn't intended to, such a request
conveys at the least a rather dismissive attitude. instead, how about
incorporating diversity into every lesson, year round? for a good start,
check out the gorilla girls' web site.

:0) wendy
Wendy Sauls
Art Teacher, Kanapaha Middle School, Gainesville, FL
Doctoral Student, Art Education, Florida State University
wsauls