Re: Elementary block scheduling

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ttipton.tz
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 18:20:21 +0300

for art.

Regards,
Teresa Tipton

From: PicasoLovr <PicasoLovr>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 19:38:02 EST
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Elementary block scheduling

Kathy,

I give it thumbs down. 40 minutes is too little time for lesson presentation,
question and answer, checking for understanding, passing out materials and
cleaning up. Have your administrator watch a 40 minute class. Does she see the
pained look on the children's faces with a rush-through assignment? Does she
see the frustration on those that are not good listeners? I have a 45 minute
lesson for each grade, and I certainly feel curtailed with the limited time
frame. Have your administrator observe an 'average' 40 minute class and
observe the same lesson with a 'average' 50 minute class. I'll suggest third
grade, their personalities clash and their just learning to follow directions
adequately.
I hope I wrote this in time.