Re: tax on Internet usage]] (fwd)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John Bibby, QED of York, York, England (qed)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:44:30 +0000

On 7 Jan 98 at 14:55, Christine Merriam wrote:
> ... dial in from home costs $$$ and I try to use it as
> little as possible. Fees do reduce usage :(

Of course they do - that's what pricing mechanisms are all about.

I'm not sure why Internet usage should be exempt from this. (in the
UK we pay for all local calls, which provides a moderate incentive
not to over-consume. However at Christmas some phone companies gave
free local calls and as a result some people could not get a local
line because other people were4 staying on all day.)

JOHN BIBBY

NB: I shall be "offline" for
much of the period 10-27 January,
but emails and faxes to +44-1904-424381
will be dealt with on my return.

====================================
John Bibby
QED of York
1 Straylands Grove
York YO3 0EB, England
Tel: 01904-424242 Fax: 01904-424381
Email: qed
QED now has two offices. QED in Welwyn deals with personal and
school orders - phone 0345-402275 or Email QEDBooks1
QED in York deals with Trade orders and discounts (address above).
We can supply all your needs relating to mathematics or science
education.