Re: Water-based oil paints

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
JamesNairne (james.n-way.co.uk)
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 14:38:48 +0000

Melissa Enderle <enderlml.wi.us> wrote
> Subject: Water-based oil paints
>
> Does anyone have experience with the oil paints that are water-miscible?
> The idea of using water instead of solvents appeals to me, but I would
> like to know how their performance is.

We hae ben using tha Winsor And Newton stuff over here (UK) since the
Summer with our year 12 and 13s (age 16/17/18).

They are superb!! Very good quality colour, with lovely body and feel,
yet they really are water mixable, which in a classroom situation where
most students are using water based acrylics etc is really convenient.
Over here W&N give schools between 35% and 40% discount so that these
tubes are realy good value, apart from them being such oncentrated
colour. They (unbelievably) feel like Oil colour and dry (slowly) like
them too. I thoroughly recomend them

James

--
James Nairne