Re: Nancy Walkup's queston -Reply

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (Walkup.EDU)
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 08:30:18 -0600

--=_0A5F8701.CFAEC120

Dear Reatha:

What approaches do you take in your classroom to introduce students to
contextual material? I am sure there are many ways to do this.

Nancy

Nancy Walkup
Project Coordinator
PO Box 305100 University of North Texas
Denton, TX 76203
walkup
940.565.3986
FAX 940-565-4867

>>> RWilk85411 <RWilk85411> 01/07/98 04:42pm >>>
Excellent point Ellen, I have noticed on more than one occasion that
student
interest perked up in direct proportion to the amount of information
about the
artist as a person and the times in which he/she lived and what other
artists
were doing also. It also helps them to recognize that artist are
ordinary
people with extra talent in their area of expression. Not magicians or
spirits
or something.
Reatha

--=_0A5F8701.CFAEC120