Re: TEACHING ART?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bonnie Halfpenny (bhalfpen.az.us)
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 14:06:09 -0700 (MST)

As an art major with a certification in art ed, who minored in crafts, I
do get tired of hearing art people put crafts "down". The finest of craft
bears no more relation to "clorox bottle art" than Michangelo does to
crayon scribbles. But if you're trying to get a whole class of first
graders to experience working with a 3D form, and have no budget, it
sounds like a creative solution to me. Thoughtless work abounds in every
media, does it not?