Re: The Art Advocate . . . my views

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mike Delaney (edelaney)
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:47:19 -0500

To hyland,
IHow long have ypu been teaching art? I had to decide while in college
what area I was going to prepare to teach. I chose highschool but my
degree was for Art Ed. k-12. Guess what jobs were available when I began
teaching? Not high school. I taught 2 years Jr. High , then elementarty
which I knew nothing about. I also traveled around. Then I went to the
high school aand have been there 14 years. Anyway, the money is the
problem. I feel thaat that decide what I teach in my classes.. I do a lot
of things with recycled material in my sculpture and crafts classses. I
love what I do and I feel we do good quality work. If you need any deas,
write me. I have plenty as I hate to do the same projects year after year.
I know what ones work. Enola from Indiana