Re: right/left

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Clair/Lily Kerns (CWKerns)
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 06:22:10 -0600

> Subject: Mixed-up brain? Never!
>
> (I believe
> >these left handers have their right/left brain functions reversed.)
> >Lily
>
> Wrong!!!! Didn't you know only left-handers are in their right minds!!!!!
>
> Later.............
>
> Bunki Kramer

Sorry, Bunki! If you asked my kids, they'd tell you that I've _never_
been in my right mind--and I'm as right handed as they come. You may have
something there.......

Any way, as I understand it, the left handers who write with a "normal "
writing position (rather than the twisted and writing from above
position--and believe me it's easier to do the penmanship that way for a
right hander doing it with the left).......Boy, I hope no English teacher
is reading this sentence.......Anyway, these lefties (who are only a small
percentage), as I understand it, have been shown to use the right
hemisphere for logical thought and the left hemisphere for their creative
thinking. My simple experimenting would seem to indicate that this is
the case and that the handwriting position is a fairly reliable indicator.
It would be interesting to know which brain organization all the truly
creative lefties through the centuries have possessed.

Lily