Re: clay

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rita Glass (rglass.ne.us)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 07:17:07 -0600 (CST)

If you would introduce the use of clay by any culture such as Native
American (martinez), the Asian culture.etc and do slides, film strips,
and visual aids on the fantastic pottery creations that are used for
everyday ware or the beautiful design techniques used in decorating
pottery.......then choose a style to emulate...and discuss the style of
decoration..incised,scgraffito(sp) or applied...you would find that when
you have goals and expectations.....ashtrays never come up.....BOB if you
have never taught clay and pottery in that way give it a try...set your
design standards....for shapes...for designs...have the students spend
time drawing the shape and finished designs...you will be amazed at the
results...I have been teaching art30 years....it never fails