Re: coil construction

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lharri03
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:31:03 -0800

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Charles Gareri <cgareri> wrote:
>CHRISTY SCHMITZ wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any neat suggestions that they would be willing to
>> share using coil and slab methods (high school)? I'm tired of getting the
>> ashtray look-a-likes!
>
>We do several things to eliminate the "ashtray Look-a-likes":
>
>1. There is a rule NO ashtrays.

Just a fun note that I couldn't resist. Coming from a non-artist, the one
thing I really remember in art class when I was a child was glazing my neat
"ashtray" with layers and layers of purple glaze. The outside of my ashtray
looked like pebbles and the inside - proudly - was smooth and I thought it was
beautiful after it was fired. I still have it in my cabinet now. It's managed
to survive 5 moves and a clutzy owner. I really love my "ashtray" and have so
for 25 years.

LH :)