Flying

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MRS SYBIL CONN (sybilconn)
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 00:59:41, -0500

-- [ From: sybil conn * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

artist than Marc Chagall to study for your flying project. They have
such a fairytale quality that they should appeal to children of any age.

I am also intrigued by photos done of the earth from space. The patterns
and texture are wonderful.

Sybil in San Francisco

From: rojul (Rosa Juliusdottir)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:18:26 GMT
Subject: Flying lessons

Hi Trisha, I have used the theme of flying in my art classes with young
students(ca. 5 to 10). I teach at an Art School where we have special
childrenīs courses. First we discuss dreams, wishes and imagination and
then close our eyes and make believe we can fly over our favorite part
of Iceland and try to imagine what it would be like. Then the students
draw (with black thick crayon) themselves flying over the aerea they
choose and then paint it with tempera. It has always been a fun project
and the results have been wonderful. I can recall a wonderful painting
by a young girl flying over a waterfall we call the "waterfall of gold"
and the center of the picture had to be painted in gold then wonderful
greens and blues and herself flying like a bird. I would love to hear if
anyone out there can think of an artwork that might be used as stimulus,
I did this more before I started using DBAE and have always ment to look
for works to go with it. Of course Faith Ringgolds works are great and I
often use them but I have not been able to get "Tar Beach" here yet.
Must order it. Regards from Iceland Rosa