1. Animals - in terra cotta - hollow out the centers They love it.
2. Architecture - do facades of buildings - bring in as many different
cultures as possible.
study windows, pillars, roofs, etc..
3. Soap dishes in two layers. No flat plain stuff. Have them work on
legs between two simple slabs.
4. picture frames with a slot for a photo
5. I did an intro unit for the advanced class with a imaginary animal.
First they did the report from any culture they picked on how the imaginary
creatures were used in the history of the civilization.
Examples: dragons, sphinx, etc..
6. Coil pots made up of balls, snail like shapes, and simple coils. They
Well, that is a few. The facades were neat. The kids really got into the
different styles. For neat edges, I cut up rectangular strips of wood so
that they could press straight down and make a flat 90 degree shape for the
windows, etc... These were pretty small pieces. About 1/2 inch or so.