Re: Re: Reviving Ophelia

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Vivian Reznik (vreznik)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 17:58:32 -0800 (PST)

I found the book "Schoolgirls" published by the American Association of
Unviversity Women very insightful while not a self help book, in describing
how our society makes it difficult for teenage women. I recommend it.

At 05:12 PM 1/25/97 -0800, dars wrote:
>Dr. Pipher's book clearly does not apply to every adolescent
>in every case - but somewhere in her accumulation of work
>there is likely something relevant that can help. The book
>may be of less value to young girls than it is to us
>generally clueless parents, who need some sort of hint
>on what to do when the going gets tough.
>
>Have you found another good source of information for parents
>trying to help their daughters? Seems I don't know everything
>yet; would appreciate any additional help.

Vivian Reznik M.D.
Professor and Vice Chair
Department of Pediatrics
UCSD School of Medicine