Subject: Re: Mail Art Project
Author: Robert Alexander Fromme <rfromme> at EDU-INTERNET
Date: 1/22/97 10:37 PM

At 09:55 AM 1/22/97 +0000, MARK JOYCE wrote:

>Many of these websites have excellent images of Mailart past and
>present. There are some fine links to Fluxus and the Surrealist/Dada
>roots of mailart, print resources, listserves etc...and international
>representation. No shortage of historical/social/ cultural contexts at
>your fingertips!

Mark,
I appreciate your contribution, here. By encouraging list members to seek out
the Mailart sites on the web, you will help many of our teachers learn a
little more
about Mailart. From the number of members who have now confused that
method of creative expression with "junk mail" ( according to their recent
posts), your
contribution could not have come at a better time. Now, one would hope that art
educators who do not understand what Mailart is all about will take advantage of
your suggested links, surf over to those sites, and learn a little about
"conceptual"
or " idea" art movements.

Bob Fromme