Re: Mexican clay suns and CELEBRATING PLURALISM

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Graeme Chalmers (gfchalm)
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 15:16:08 -0800 (PST)

Hello Mary:

I wonder if you have been following the discussion about CELEBRATING
PLURALISM or have looked at it on the Getty web-site
http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/ ? While students may still work with clay,
I hope that you will consider "multiculturalizing" your project by
considering the use of the sun image ACROSS cultures, and that others in the
discussion group will answer your question not only about Mexican clay suns,
but will direct you to sun images and resources that cross many cultural
boundaries.

Graeme

At 03:27 PM 1/21/97 -0600, tnelson.us wrote:
>Hi, I am planning to do a clay project that I found in a book called, I
>think don't have it in front of me at the moment) "Art From Many Hands".
>It's a book with lots of multicultural art projects. I want to make
>Mexican clay suns. There is no background information on where these
>images come from, or any information other than how to construct them.
>Does anyone know anything about these? I'd appreciate any information.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mary Holmgren
>Orono Primary School
>Maple Plain, MN