Re: Artist lists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cynthia Mangers (cmangers.ne.us)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:43:30 -0600 (CST)

I've found two sites that are easy to access and have a large number of
images. Have you tried "The Louvre" known as the Web Museum? The address
is: http://www.oir.ucf.edu/wm/paint/auth

It has text and thumbnails - then just click on a thumbnail and it quickly
loads a larger version of the image for you. My second graders use this
site very easily!

Another site we use often is the National Museum of American Art at the
Smithsonian. The address is:
http://www.nmaa.si.edu

Once you are there you click on Search and it allows you to search.

We have a local art gallery in Nebraska that has just begun to offer
images but so far it is very well done and might be something to keep
checking on. It's focus is 20th Century American Art. The Sheldon
Memorial Art Gallery has an extensive collection of 20th Century Sculpture
including a new (just unveiled this fall) Claes Oldenburg "Torn Notebook".
This is included on the internet site. Address is:
http://sheldon.unl.edu/

*Cindy Mangers "As the blossom cannot tell what *
*Second Grade Teacher becomes of its fragrance, so no *
*Newell Elementary one can tell what becomes of *
*2700 West 13th his or her influence." *
*Grand Island, NE 68803 *