Re: Color Mixing Projects

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
kprs (kprs)
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 19:27:50 -0800

Sandra Hildreth wrote:

> First I'll describe a different kind of color wheel project, then I have a
> question to pose.
>
> All my 7th graders have a unit on color and do the traditional color wheel.
> When most of them come back to me in 9th grade, I review color, then assign
> a color wheel - the only catch is that is must be 3-dimensional.

I, too, like to vary my color wheel projects, from 2D to 3D. The most
"visual" fun we've had is when we did Chinese take-out food boxes. I
took one apart, made a pattern, and everyone make one. They then did
their "color wheel" designs on the outside, we folded them up, added the
handles and "voila".....and when they were all displayed, the whole
school wondered "why are Chinese take out food boxes...so.... WHITE
anyway?

San D