Re: Docents

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Beth Johnson (chrbjohn)
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 20:51:10 -0500 (EST)

Rewards:1) Members of the community wo begin to realize and add there
support to the arts education programs with first hand knowledge.
2)Having the learners be exposed to new/different perceptions and ideas and
images other than my own- or views and ideas similar to mine from someone
else.
3) Adding a quality art activity that expands what I did not have time to do.

Challenges
1) Building confidence over their fear of the classroom or student contact.
2) Scheduling /finding those that can commit to school hours.
3)SOmetimes getting teachers to try them the first time(once the teachers
see one in a building they all want them.

The training program we devloped for docents seemes to really work and
add so much to the local art organizations impact.

Christy Johnson