Re: Theft of Art Supplies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lagrace Stephens (lstephen)
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:49:16 -0800

EVasso wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I tag some of my stuff, like scissors and pencils, with a piece of red
> masking tape. A lot of kids just don't realize they are walking out with
> things, or they put them in their "marker box" without thinking. There is
> always some intentional stealing going on, but thats not the main problem. I
> find that its mostly thoughtlessness. Also, I have found that some things
> get thrown in the garbage during cleanup. Watching for that might help.
>
> -FredYOu comments on missing supplies are all good , collecting them yourselfe
or taging- When I moved from an isolated building to the high school
building I discovered much to my surpprise the number of teachers who
feel the art room is also their supply room for any arty thing the want
to do- I found it necessary to hid scissor, colored pencils, poster board
and resourse material like magazines. It never ceases to amaze me the
number of lost items I find when cleanup at the end of the year.