Re: Theft of Art Supplies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Alexander Fromme (rfromme)
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 05:57:18 -0600

At 07:27 PM 1/15/97 -0500, Steve West wrote:
>I have been experiencing a problem for sometime now. Materials, like
>pencils, erasers, paper, scissors and clay manage to disappear on a regular
>basis. As a measure to combat this problem, I always assign at least two
>students each class period to distribute and collect these
>supplies...always keeping track of those students who have failed to return
>these materials. Nevertheless, supplies still manage to walk out of the
>art room. I've even considered installing a hidden camcorder to catch the
>culprits. I would appreciate any suggestions. :-)

Just a word of caution on the hidden camera. Administrators at our school
have informed us that it i is not legal to film students in the class
without parental permission. You will need to have a parent or guardian
sign a permission form from each child or you may be facing problems down
the road. As I understand our situation here in Texas, the administrators
are warning us because the new list of "Parental Rights" includes
references to this issue.

Bob Fromme