Re: Something to Consider

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelsey-Jones (lkj)
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:21:26 -0500

Don --

With a little praktis you cud rite lik 1 of my favrit writers, Artemus
Ward, partikularly as he onect rote fer the Cleveland Plaindealer. "My
perlitical sentiments agree with yourn exackly. I know they do, becauz I
never saw a man whoos didn't. Respectfully yours, A. Ward. P.S. -You
scratch my back and Ile scratch your back."

Are you or anyone out there familiar with this 19th C. humorist

p.s. Christine, keep writing. "Don't sweat the small stuff, etc."

>From: donkay (Don @ Kay Alexander)
>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:02:39 -0700
>Subject: Something to Consider
>This is intended only to those of you "educated" people who SHOULD know
>better but don't seem to care about the poor image you leave with the
>public and your colleagues whom you are trying so hard to serve and impress
>with your talents. Whin you right a letter too a groo p of people most most
>of who have been borned and edjicated in the usa and whom look to me and
>you for asistance in an swering problems, allot of the time you should
>prove read you're stuff befor e you male it! I am nut directing this too
>new arrivles in this countrey or those writting frum forin places, as they
>are doin great four evin trieng english.
> You old timers in this artsednet group have heard other such appeals
>online before, but you seem reluctant to address it even in the most subtle
>ways. I believe that some of you should take it upon yourselves to send a
>gentle, private message to those who obviously don't care or are just too
>lazy to clean up their own act. Most computers do have dictionaries. Yes,
>there are such things as typos, but writing "allot" three times in one
>letter is not a typo!
> Before I am burned at the stake or crucified for being critical and for
>trying to salvage what's left of my profession, I humbly tender my
> Don
> PS---Pleeze exskooze all my misteaks--thankyou
>From: Christine Beth Johnson <chrbjohn>
>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:34:34 -0500 (EST)
>Subject: Re: Something to Consider
>I certainly appreciate your comments that could easily be directed to me.
>Sometimes answering over 20 or so e-mails in the 1/2 hour I am allowed on
>line I get fast and sloppy. I sure do wish my e-mail allowed spell
>check. Anyway. The point is well taken. Thank you.And I find myself
>frightened into Silence.
> Christy whose long nails slip of the keys Johnson

  • Reply: lharri03: "Re: Something to Consider"