Re: Something to Consider

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelsey-Jones (lkj)
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:21:26 -0500

Don --

With a little praktis you cud rite lik 1 of my favrit writers, Artemus
Ward, partikularly as he onect rote fer the Cleveland Plaindealer. "My
perlitical sentiments agree with yourn exackly. I know they do, becauz I
never saw a man whoos didn't. Respectfully yours, A. Ward. P.S. -You
scratch my back and Ile scratch your back."

Are you or anyone out there familiar with this 19th C. humorist
writer/lecturer?

lkj

p.s. Christine, keep writing. "Don't sweat the small stuff, etc."

>From: donkay (Don @ Kay Alexander)
>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:02:39 -0700
>Subject: Something to Consider
>
>This is intended only to those of you "educated" people who SHOULD know
>better but don't seem to care about the poor image you leave with the
>public and your colleagues whom you are trying so hard to serve and impress
>with your talents. Whin you right a letter too a groo p of people most most
>of who have been borned and edjicated in the usa and whom look to me and
>you for asistance in an swering problems, allot of the time you should
>prove read you're stuff befor e you male it! I am nut directing this too
>new arrivles in this countrey or those writting frum forin places, as they
>are doin great four evin trieng english.
> You old timers in this artsednet group have heard other such appeals
>online before, but you seem reluctant to address it even in the most subtle
>ways. I believe that some of you should take it upon yourselves to send a
>gentle, private message to those who obviously don't care or are just too
>lazy to clean up their own act. Most computers do have dictionaries. Yes,
>there are such things as typos, but writing "allot" three times in one
>letter is not a typo!
> Before I am burned at the stake or crucified for being critical and for
>trying to salvage what's left of my profession, I humbly tender my
>resignation.
> Don
> PS---Pleeze exskooze all my misteaks--thankyou
>
>From: Christine Beth Johnson <chrbjohn>
>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:34:34 -0500 (EST)
>Subject: Re: Something to Consider
>
>I certainly appreciate your comments that could easily be directed to me.
>Sometimes answering over 20 or so e-mails in the 1/2 hour I am allowed on
>line I get fast and sloppy. I sure do wish my e-mail allowed spell
>check. Anyway. The point is well taken. Thank you.And I find myself
>frightened into Silence.
>
> Christy whose long nails slip of the keys Johnson

  • Reply: lharri03: "Re: Something to Consider"