Re: Computers in the art room

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 19:21:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Paula! In terms of computer use in the classrooom for art history, I
am trying to get grant money to buy (1)a powermac with a CD-Rom capability
and a modem, and (2) something called an "LCD" panel. I already have a
(shared) phone line in my classroom, and an overhead projector with a high
number of lumens that is the "cool" as opposed to hot variety (you can
tell I'm not up on all the official terms). When I get the computer and
LCD panel, I will be able to project directly from the computer through
the LCD on the overhead projector and up onto a screen for the whole
classroom to see. Then I plan to use various museum webpages and CD-Rom
programs as audiovisuals to enhance my AP Art History class. By the way,
Zane Publishing makes an excellent 4-CD set called "History through Art,
800 BC to 1550 AD" - they also have another set for 1550 through modern
art.
--Carla Harwitt

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997 pmcnally wrote:

> Awhile back we talked about ways to use computers in the art room. I am
> having some fun with a shareware program ($10) called Decor. The version I
> downloaded is for the Mac, I don't know if there is an IBM version. Decor
> allows you to replace your desktop pattern with any picture. I have been
> doing a screen capture of artists works that relate to our art work, then I
> display them on my computer desktop. The pictures can be set to change at
> various intervals.
> You can find it at http://www.eskimo.com/~pristine/maclinks.html (follow
> the facelift links) Paula

  • Reply: Gina Booth: "Re: Computers in the art room"