Re: rubber cement

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sue Palfrey (stp7msb)
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 22:07:56 -0500

I use a product called YES Glue which cleans up with water, but does not
pucker paper. It's relatively expensive so I reserve it for projects like
pop up books that really demand a non puckering glue. One can't peel the
excess glue away later which in addition to the price is a reason to use
it sparingly. I do keep one small jar of rubber cement around, but never
use it with an entire class.

Sue Palfrey
Falmouth Middle School
Falmouth, Maine

----------
> From: Mark Alexandermamjam
> To: artsednet
> Subject: rubber cement
> Date: Saturday, January 11, 1997 8:16 PM
>
> Hello ArtsEdNet folks:
>
> I have a query about rubber cement.
>
> According to all my art education professors and the rubber cement
> container label, rubber cement has very dangerous fumes and I shouldn't
use
> it in the classroom.
>
> However, I've used it in my own studio for years without aknee apairant
> damnige t' mi brane, an it allas doesa good job, an it smells soo good,
> two!
>
> All kidding aside, I want to do some collages with my 8th graders, and
I'm