Re: Art Budget

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Gina Booth (ginab.ar.us)
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 10:41:28 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Angela M. Kimbler wrote:

> Melissa,
> I sure empathize with you!!! Asking for more money is like pulling
> teeth. I teach at three different elementary schools in the same county,
> so I work for three different principals. One principal gave me $300.
> for 260 students, (Up from $100, last year). He encouraged me to tell
> the other two principals of his generosity (!!!) in hopes they would
> match him. One principal gave me $350 for 300 kids, and the third
> principal gave me $300 for 104 students. All these schools are in the
> same county, but each principal can delegate the money as they see fit.
> Go Figure.

I had this situation too, teaching between three schools. For easier
class prep (not to mention room in back of my car) I usually repeated
lessons as I moved from school to school. But then the question comes up,
"Why are my classes doing the exact same projects with differing
budgets?" The truth of it was that I wasn't about to plan different
projects all ove rthe place. It ended up where one school just handled
all the budget requisions and billed the other two schools evenly later.
I think it took away a lot of the hassle all around and definitely
made it more fair. (What precipitated the "solution" was how to
handle the one principal who told me my budget was zero and to use
only donated materials.)