[Fwd: Re: Art Budget and More]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Hill (slh2)
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 08:42:14 -0400

Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 20:27:57 -0600
To: slh2
From: Ken Rohrer <kenroar>
Subject: Re: Art Budget and More

You said....

>Points well made!
>
>I am an art supervisor in a large urban district that is in the
>process of "decentralizing". I have told my art teachers that they
>must become pro-active if they want funding or increased staffing. I
>think because art-making is such a personal, solitary activity, that
>many art teachers maintain this stance when they move from artist to
>teacher. However, you and I both know, "it's the squeeky wheel that
>gets the grease"! Art teachers cannot rely on others to carry their
>message for them. They are the ones with the power to influence
>parents, students and administrators as they promote arts education
>for all children.

You wrote that very well. I hope you post it to the group. What school
district are you with? You may have told me before, but I get so many
e-mail messages, I can't remember.

\ *** /---------------/---------------------/--------
\ * * / Ken Rohrer / kenroar / o |
* {O} {O} * oo\ o/ |
* * The Incredible Art Department \ |/ |
* _ _ * http://www.in.net/~kenroar/ |
* ----- *
/ * * \
/ *** \