Re: contemporary art museums' educational programs on the Internet

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Miyuki Shimazu (mshimazu)
Tue, 07 Jan 1997 07:45:11 -0800

Christine Beth Johnson wrote:

> Please include examples of contemporary design (ie, products)
> I will be teaching a course ( via distance education mechanisms ) in
> design this semester and would appreciate other web sites that high
> school students can use to see functional design at its best.
>
> Christy Johnsson
> Indiana Univeristy
> Ed.D student in Instructional Systems Technology
>
> On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Miyuki Shimazu wrote:
>
> > I am a graduate student in arts management at the American University in
> > Washington, DC. I am going to develop an educational program on the
> > Internet for the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden as my thesis
> > project. As you know, the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden is one
> > of the Smithsonian Institutions and the national contemporary art museum.
> >
> > In order to make an appropriate program, it is neccesary to consider what
> > art teachers want the contemporary art museums' web sites to provide. I
> > would appreciate any sugesstions anyone would have regarding this issue.
> >
> > I am very glad to belong to this serious discussion group. I am sure
> > that this discussion group is a reliable way to initiate the direction of
> > my thesis. Thank you for your help in advance.
> >
> > PS: Dear Ms. Deborah Howes
> > Thank you for responding to me. I really appreciate your
> > encouragement. I'll talk to you soon.
> >
> > Miyuki Shimazu
> > 3615 38th Street N.W. #309
> > Washington, DC 20016
> > (202)363-9172
> > MS9661a
> >Dear Christy:

Thank you for your suggestion. It sounds really interesting to teach a
course via distance education mechanisms. I think that distance
education mechanisms have some benefits which I can apply to my Internet
project in terms of the flexibility of time, money, and reach. What do
you think? I also would like to make sure that your advice is to make an
archival resource which high school students can use as a reference.
Thanks again.

Miyuki Shimazu

  • Reply: Teresa Tipton: "Re: Glass Chalk"