Re: Artists and Social Issues

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Beth Johnson (chrbjohn)
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 21:23:31 -0500 (EST)

You might want to consut Mary Ann Beckworth at Michigan Tech Univerisity.
MTU is an engineering school that requires a univeristy art course of all
its major,( one semester). Students gain some valuable insights into the
power of the visual arts and really enjoy the course. Mary Ann is a
particing artist as well an excellent art educator
MTU, Houghton, Michigan

Good luck on this important offering.
Christy Johnson

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997 KJA4465 wrote:

> For a higher education course focusing on activist/political art, is there an
> integrated curriculum--text, multimedia resources, etc.--that examines how
> artists are engaged with such social issues as human misery, economic systems
> (housing), crime, environment, health, poverty problems, discrimination,
> international trade, unemployment, government expenditures, and the national
> debt? Any resource references related to this subject area would be
> appreciated.

  • Reply: Gina Booth: "Re: Art Budget"