Re: Art Budget

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Smurthwaite (smrthwt)
Mon, 06 Jan 1997 17:42:31 -0500

Melissa Enderle wrote:

> Howdy from Packer Land!
>
> I teach art at an urban elementary school in Milwaukee. The principal is
> in charge of the budget disbursements and has allotted each teacher $1000
> for supplies, etc. This includes everything from magazines, paper
> towels, paper, and paint to field trips. Divided up, this amounts to
> about $1.50 per child. To me, this seems low.
>
> I would like to go to my principal (this is my first year at this school)
> and ask for more, but I first would like to hear what some of you are
> getting.
>
> Melissa

Hi. Does your principal allot $1,000 to each grade level teacher and
the same amount to you? Art is so much more material oriented. I teach
in CT and in one district I got nearly $10.00 per pupil per year. I now
get about $8.00 per pupil. I know many people get a lot less so I feel
lucky. Good luck. Go ahead and ask. All he can say is no. (I hope it
is not like asking for "more poridge, sir".)

Kelly Smurthwaite
CT