Re: art and biology

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kathryn A Rosenfeld (rosenfka.edu)
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 17:07:39 -0500 (EST)

The Cincinnati Art Museum recently had a show of paintings by Alexis
Rockman. He's a New York artist who does large paintings in a realist
style that concern biological processes, evolution, ecological issues,
etc. He uses a lot of hybrid animals. Several local art teachers worked
with their classes at all levels around this show, and the students
really seemd to repond well to it. Most of the student work did use
biological knowledge in some way - students created their own hybrid
animals, etc. If you call the CAM they may be able to send you the
packet they out together for educators on the Rockman show. Their # is
(513) 721-5204.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

rosenfka.edu "ART IS NOT OPTIONAL"
University of Cincinnati - Art Education -printed on rock
outside the Art
Academy of Cincinnati