Re: matting

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Derek Parsons (dcparson.us)
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 16:22:44 -0800

ksmurthwa wrote:

> I just came from a district meeting where I was chastised for
> using color mats when displaying K-5 children's art. I maintained
> that children's art sometimes needed the color to bring out certain
> better parts of a painting or artwork. I was shot down.
> What say ye on line?
> Kelly
> West Hartford, CTI agree. Art work of children should not meerly be placed up haphazardly.
I use colored construction paper as a finishing to the childrens art
work. I would not dream of putting any art work up in a gallery that was
not framed or presented in a finished state. My school is my gallery.
Keep on with the fight. Those who don't, just don't understand.

Derek Parsons
Belle View Elementary