Re: pentimentos et al

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 06:59:14 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Nancy Walkup wrote:

> Linda and Kathy:
>
> I just bought a copy of Leonard Koren's book to use (hopefully)
> in developing teaching materials for art educators in relation
> to Japanese art and culture. If anyone is interested, I would be
> glad to share them once they are complete.
>
> Nancy Walkup

Nancy, I, for one, would be interested in anything that develops along this
line. Not only in terms of Japanese culture which has done so much to
formalize the concepts but also in terms of "our" (whatever that is) own
culture which also has maintained a peripheral discourse on the qualities of
the old rusty and dry obects we encounter. How is western "wabi" distinct
from its eastern cousins?

-henry