Re: Art Curriculum Book

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sidnie Miller (sidmill.edu)
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 21:04:22 -0800 (PST)

Kathy--most of the high schools around here require a class fee that goes
a long way toward buying supplies. Usually it's $10-$20 per semester.
If your district is opposed to student fees, first check to see if they
allow them for woodshop etc. Then consider requiring each student to
provide their own basic supplies at the beginning of the class--a couple
of drawing pencils, eraser, scissors, brushes, colored pencils etc. Then
give extra credit to students who scrounge for you--old wire(talk to
phone co.)etc. Over the past 8 years I've managed to find all kinds of
art books in garage sales and the library's annual book sale. We can get
end rools of paper from the newspaper. What about having a student work
calendar sale--or an auction of student work--what about having local
merchant sponsors--what about charging money for work around town done by
students---a school here made $1500 by painting christmas windows around
town at $15 per window. Good luck! Sidnie

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #
# Elko, NV 89801 #